Friday, November 4, 2011

Oh God?

So..... I'm really angry, disappointed and hurt because my mother is refusing to come to Matthew and Kats wedding. She says its against the Catholic religon to attend a wedding ceremony if it doesnt take place in the church. This is just another reason why I no longer follow the Catholic religon! I'm not really sure what I believe in any more....I think, there is a higher power, God as you like but I truly dont believe that that God would ever be so judgemental as to prevent a grandmother from attending her own grandson's wedding.
I've known about this issue for about a month now...but to be completely honest I still cant believe my own mother could be this hurtful to us.
Who in their right mind would ever want to spend the rest of eternity with a "God" who forces you to cause pain and suffering to the ones you love? If this is what my mother is in for, then I feel very sorry for her.
As his Mom, I am feeling very protective of Matthew and I think my claws have come out on this issue. My mother may have hurt me in the past, with the things she has said or done but there is no way in hell is it OK for her to hurt my baby boy like this!!
Both Matthew and Kat are very hurt and disappointed and we all are very embarrassed that it going to be like this, but we really have no control over what she decides to do. I really just want my children to find the right peron to spend the rest of their lives with and make the very best of it. It doesnt matter so much "the where", but the knowledge that this will be for the rest of their lives is the most important thing.
I'm really not sure how to deal with this issue, as I find it is making me more angry everyday and causing me to lose sleep over it. I think its really eye opening to discover things about a parent, that you really dont like and I'm not sure I can live with. Makes you really question the whole "love" thing. I know there is no way in the world I would do something this hurtful to one of my children, so, I guess if nothing else I've learned something!
I'm very excited for Matthew and Kat because I feel they have made the right choice in each other and they are making alot of very good decisions concerning their future. It just doesnt seem fair though that Matthew doesnt get to have his twin brother by his side, to be his best man on the most exciting day of his life (Ryan would have just thought it was awesome to be a BEST man) and now his grandmother will not be there as well! Who ever said life was fair I guess?

1 comment:

  1. It IS awesome that they're getting married, eh? :D
    Be proud of your mum for standing by her convictions, and pray that she will someday know that God is LOVE, not an ogre. After all, the apostle Paul went around killing Christians before he found the truth. There is still hope.

    ReplyDelete